Monday, May 20, 2013

Florida Vacation

It has been a while since I posted last. Not having any followers I'm not disappointing anyone but ME! We drove to Florida for about a week, but truthfully we were only there for 4 days. It takes us 2 days to drive it anymore and that last day is a KILLER on the BUTT!

I went to some of my fav quilt stores down there. Rainbows End Quilt store where I bought some fabric to go with a quilt I'm making for the grands.

and then I took a Bear making class at Country Quilts and Bears The bear on the header is the one that we made. I took along my featherweight hoping to get a buyer, there was one person who was interested but was unable to get to the shop that day. click on the highlited word and you can read about that one.

Unfortunatly I could not get DH to stay another day he wanted to go home.

So now I have another UFO project, an unfinished bear, but it was interesting and I learned a lot doing the bear class.

I came home to sprouting green beans, and peas that are up about 6-8 in w/o blooms and lettuce that might begin to bolt, it was in the upper 80's while we were gone so I'm surprised they are doing as well as they are.

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to seeing your bear, Carolyn! Bear making is most fascinating to me. I know a lady who made the most gorgeous mohair bears.

    ReplyDelete