Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring has finally sprung, the flowers are blooming, and the warmer... and cool breezes too are coming in through my window.

I've not been working too much on my quilts, as I have been working on my garden only  to have the deer break in once again and ravish my plants! DH and I took up two posts. Literally pulled them out of the wet ground and replaced them this W/E, Then I replaced the deer fencing. hopefully reinforcing it enough to KEEP THEM OUT! My peas are up about 1 inch too.

I've almost finished the Road to Arkansas quilt for Linus. Pinned and needs binding sewn.

I really liked the Road To Arkansas pattern, and I can see me making it again. It's a great scrappy quilt, easy to do.

I bought an attachment for my Nolting 16" so that I could use rulers. I also ordered a Baptist fan ruler and used it on the Linus quilt to practice. Not too bad for a first try! Charity Quilts are so good to use up scraps, and to try new things with. Here's the ruler and the RULER MATE

Today I stopped in at Sam's club to obtain some frozen berries. They have the best price, Strawberries, cleaned & sliced! I found a present for myself A NEW IRONING BOARD! It's more stable than my old one, and is wider 18". I like that it is adjustable too. My old one used to be, but w age all things become less flexible!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Design Wall Monday.

I have been absent  from the blog for a while. I picked up a nasty cold that triggered my asthma and most of March I was ill.
However I still carried on and did a bit here and there  on my quilts Now I have a top that is ready for the quilting, and one on the design wall. The picture on the left, is Trip to Arkansas, or maybe Road to Arkansas. I saw some one post a pic of it, and I was tired of making 4 patch charity quilts so I changed it up a little. It is all charity fabric donated to the local Seniors Center, w a few of my scraps thrown in too.

Then I have Judy's "Oh So Blue" that I saw in Quiltmaker Magazine. I knew I liked it. if I had it to do over again, I would choose a less busy light blue. However it still works. You can also see on the rt of the pic the red fabric I bought for the backing.
Here's a better pic of the borders. I really liked the pattern, it did take a little bit of thought to figure out what I was doing, but as I cut and marked the fabrics it worked it self out. I also liked having the borders "planned"  for me and cut out when I got to that part. It is something that always stalls me. I don't seem to be able to plan ahead for that.