Monday, April 7, 2014

Design Wall Monday.

I have been absent  from the blog for a while. I picked up a nasty cold that triggered my asthma and most of March I was ill.
However I still carried on and did a bit here and there  on my quilts Now I have a top that is ready for the quilting, and one on the design wall. The picture on the left, is Trip to Arkansas, or maybe Road to Arkansas. I saw some one post a pic of it, and I was tired of making 4 patch charity quilts so I changed it up a little. It is all charity fabric donated to the local Seniors Center, w a few of my scraps thrown in too.


Then I have Judy's "Oh So Blue" that I saw in Quiltmaker Magazine. I knew I liked it. if I had it to do over again, I would choose a less busy light blue. However it still works. You can also see on the rt of the pic the red fabric I bought for the backing.
Here's a better pic of the borders. I really liked the pattern, it did take a little bit of thought to figure out what I was doing, but as I cut and marked the fabrics it worked it self out. I also liked having the borders "planned"  for me and cut out when I got to that part. It is something that always stalls me. I don't seem to be able to plan ahead for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment