Sunday, December 22, 2013

The last few weeks have been a whirl wind of activities. Mr Christmas (DH) and I went for a short trip to New York City. Compliments of his sister for whom he has done a lot. She wanted to show her appreciation! and it was appreciated!!!
 We walked to Times Square, Bryant Park (a few times) took a river tour, saw the Statue of Liberty
Statue Of Liberty













and the new World Trade building from the tour.
World Trade Center



Me at Bryant Park













Rockefeller center
He really wanted to see the Christmas windows and we I hope saw all of them. 
Saks
 
Macy's







Macy's BELIEVE!
 












Another great thing that NYC and Cincinnati have in common is the Botanical Gardens. We both have one, and at Christmas they both have displays from Applied imagination. I was very impressed with his display this year at Cincinnati Khron, but also the vast display at the NYC Botanical Gardens.


St Patricks Cathedral










We stayed close to the Garment district, so I have pictures of all the fabric stores I would pass going to and from the hotel. I was good though I didn't buy any! In my defense they were mostly fancy dress or suiting fabrics neither of which I'm making.




Lonely Mystery quilt!
Any sewing I have done over the past 2 weeks has been to complete the 4 pairs of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fleece PJ bottoms, the 3 pairs of bottoms for my Step Daughters, and one for my DGD. I do have some other grands to make jammies for, but they like to sew, I shall cut them out and see if we can't have a time at the machine together. They are all growing like weeds so I need fresh measurements.

Finished Jammie Pile!
















No comments:

Post a Comment