Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Rainy Day

Sunday 2 of my adult children came over for dinner. I really wanted to show them the quilt I'm giving to one of the friends, but I'm not showing it here till it arrives.... I need to make a label. So I ran what I was going to put on it. Make sure that the name was spelled right, and the wording looks good.



This picture us of the massive rains we had Monday. Some one's blog I follow was talking about having garden envy. That's my garden w the 6 poles and no fence around it, with the massive PUDDLE around that.

One of my readers also asked about the featherweights that I have for sale. All of the one's I have featured are for sale.HERE & Here. I think they are priced as what I would like to get for them. I bought them on EBay, and have rehabbed them and they all sew!

If you are interested please leave me a message, or email me. BUT make sure you have an email address I can get back to you on. The last message I  received did not have an active email address to follow up on. Makes it difficult to follow up on.

Never did get to finish this post time flies when you are having fun!

I need to start on a new quilt. I've promised 4 grandchildren new quilts. I have the fabrics, but not a pattern. All of the fabrics go together, I don't want to put a lot of piecing into them, use larger pieces. Going through a lot of my old patterns to see what I like.

But instead I worked on repairing my mom's quilt it's very thread bare so I had to whip stitch some of it together. Not my favorite thing to do but it's getting pretty worn. her dogs love to dig in it.

I don't remember the pattern name, but it was a shop hop pattern. I didn't do the shop hop, but did the patterns. One of the shops allowed me to purchase the whole thing. I love the cream yellow on this quilt, it's a very mellow yellow.
Here you can see where the stitching has worn off, and I was lucky enough to have a little of the thread left to re-quilt it. Took me longer to pin it to the mid arm frame than it did to quilt it.

Yesterday I also had a "aggravated mole" removed from my face near my ear. She called it a mole, I call it a Birthmark. It started growing a few months ago, then I accidentally scratched it. Anyway it's off, the biopsy will be done and results in 7 days. I'm happy w that.

No comments:

Post a Comment