Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snow day


Yesterday was a stay in doors day as we received inches of snow then frozen rain, then Freezing rain, and then more snow. We cleaned the drive and front walk in the late afternoon, but received MORE snow on top of that... Still it is 27 degrees this AM so anything was wet is ice now.
This is how I decrotated my sewing room for Christmas while I worked on Easy Street:
It's an old OLD UFO that I have yet to figure out what I want to make out of it. I'm leaning towards a table runner. but it would need boarders and maybe quilted in a swirly snow pattern.... it is still a UFO this yr.
 
I alternated my Easy St block 5 rt and lt, moving the center of the needle 0.5mm each time. it helped a lot. I also did the "Bonus Triangles" per Jo's country Junction. (click on the Blue)
 

I still find it easiest to mark the bonus triangels to keep me from being WONKY. But even w all of this, and pinning the first triangles I still needed to trim a little
 

As you can see it wasn't much.
After I finished this part of Easy Street I put it in my shoe box w all of the rest.
then i started finishing this
It is the Trip Round The World Quilt that is on Bonnie Hunters siteHere
I have the borders and the backing
 
now I just need time to get it finished.... and part 6 of Easy  Street comes out TOMORROW!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment