Thursday, January 3, 2013

Some assembly required

OH Boy we are building today! Easy Street starts coming together! WOHOO!
So These I think are corner units. Yeap there are 4 so these are corners
The Quality Assurance on this job has been lacking! some of these are too wonky to sew w. corrections are required!!!
Finished corner unit!4 done!
Unfortunately I made 15 of these instead of 12 AS THE DIRECTIONS CALLED FOR!!!! So I am ripping unsewing so that I can use the parts in the other places.
 
I just realized that the Flying geese blocks are reversed on this block! DANG! I need to pay more attention to what I am doing. I already Un-sewed the corners bc I reversed them!!!!!
 
 This should be called some assembly required. and some Disassemble! see my seam ripper on the block corner? yep it is in wrong!!!! I made 2 yesterday afternoon, both required Additional removal and turning of parts.... I also see a flying goose clock that is turned wrong.... HOW many of these do I Have to make????? ARGH!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the colors - your blocks will look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating! I had to do a bit of unpicking, and it is annoying. You wonder how you ever made the mistake in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick with it! It will be worth it. I found it easier to lay out each block with the pieces on top of each other and chain piece, similar to the method in the Quiltville Chat files. I hope you enjoy your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete