Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cold day

Oh it is a cold day today, about 32 right now w scattered snow. I woke up at about 4:30 this AM bc I had a stomach ache. I've been on antibiotics for a week tomorrow and need another few days to finish them. But now I'm incredibly tired!

Yesterday my mom helped me get a Linus quilt on my frame. I think that is the hardest part pinning it all on, and then rolling it snugly. I was able to get it finished quilting and w any kind of luck I'll get it off the frame, and trimmed down for binding. I used some 'scraps' of fleece sewn together for the back. but didn't put any quilt batting in it. I really think they are too heavy w batting and fleece.



But at least I might have a Friday Finish with this one!
 
Next I have to get the trip around the world that has been waiting for quilting on the frame and quilted. That should keep me busy..... plus I have a few other projects in the works.
 
Easy Street needs borders and I'm not sure what they are going to be right now. I know it won't be lime green, it's my least fav color of all. I like the greys, I like the turquoise, I like the black on white, I even like the purples which is not a fav color of mine either.

5 comments:

  1. I have no snow and it's about 38, but way too cold and cloudy! Love the Linus quilt. One of the things I'll miss most when I get a longarm again in a couple of years is having my husband to do the pinning on. He never minded, and I loved him for that - and many other things, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah I go to the dessert and it snowed in Tuson!

      Delete
  2. It's cold here too - perfect excuse to just hibernate indoors and quilt. ;)

    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to use fleece without batting too... especially on kid sized quilts as it just seems too bulky. Pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to get it finished! YEAH, but I took no pics. I should have, my mom was finishing it on my sewing machine, I was pinning a quilt to my Midarm machine and we were watching the quilt cam w Bonnie Hunter! that would have been a good pic! LOL

      Delete